Do you want to move to Australia to start or invest in a business? Then the Business Innovation and Investment program is for you.
Applications are taken under three subclasses, each with its own requirements and allowances. These subclasses are:
1. BUSINESS INNOVATION STREAM (PROVISIONAL) VISA (SUBCLASS 188)
The Subclass 188 under the Business Innovation and Investment program has three streams:
- Individuals who want to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Individuals who want to make a designated investment in an Australian state or territory, and who wants to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
- The Extension stream. This stream is for applicants who had ownership interest in one or more main businesses that were actively operating in Australia, and continues to have ownership interest in the businesses, for the two years prior to an application.
2. BUSINESS INNOVATION AND INVESTMENT (PERMANENT ) VISA (SUBCLASS 888)
The Business Innovation And Investment (permanent) Visa Subclass 888 under the Business Innovation and Investment program is the second stage of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188). You can apply for this visa after you have fulfilled the requirements of your provisional visa.
3. BUSINESS TALENT (PERMANENT) VISA (SUBCLASS 132)
The Sub Class 132 Visa allows you to establish a new business or develop an existing business in Australia. It has two streams:
- Significant Business History stream: For high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: For people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).